For the past weeks I have been trying to explore on doing makeup that’s easy to apply and great for work. Because in any line of business, I believe that looking good makes anyone feel good and confident about oneself. And for work, there’s a lot of variation that you can do to look neat and presentable.
Even though the no makeup makeup look is a good choice just because it makes us feel fresh looking the whole day, there are moments where we’d feel adventurous and for my skin tone I feel adventurous and tame at the same time with earthy tones. Which brings me to try this NYC Smokey Eyes Palette which carries four colours that anyone can easily use. Plus two cream colours in nude and glittery white.
1. The bottom colour in gold you can use on your lids as base.
2. The next one up is in ash which is a good base for the outer V of the lids. For daytime look, moderation is always the key.
3. Darken the outer V of your lids keeping the area close to the edge of your eye.
4. To intensify the color, you may choose to add more of the Darkest shade to the edge of the outer V, but can opt to use this color for touch up for a day to night look.
5. Add a touch of the shimmery white color on the brow bone as highlight.
6. Another option as a highlighter is the use of the cream shadow underneath the eyes as an alternative for the concealer, which I find perfect for the day to night look.
It was just one day, that I realized that I’ve been looking at a lot of Korean Makeup. Why?! It’s because they always sport a fresh clean look that I think anyone can do regardless of the color of their skin and will still manage to look great and fresh the whole day even after doing work-outs with the use of entry evel drums.
So here’s my way of doing it, and believe me, it’s not rocket science (Oh it’s what makeup gurus would say, and you know what? I believe them!).
Here’s what I used for my skin to get that fresh clean look:
- The Bare 5-in-1 BB Creams with Anti-oxidant in Tan
- The Bare Setting Powder in Tan
- For my eyes: Laura Mercier Cream Liner in Purple- For my brows: Black Eyeshadow
- Lips: Careline Lippies in Taylor Red and L’Oreal in Nude.
Not getting enough sleep not only make you look old and tired as dark circles and bags under your eyes become prominent. You can spend hundreds of dollars for creams and lotions to get rid of them, but other problems brought by sleep deprivation are more serious than these. It could lead to irritability, obesity and in some cases serious medical problems like heart disease and diabetes.
According to a study in the Journal of the American Medical Association’s Archives of Internal Medicine – Sleeping less than 7.5 hours a night was associated with 33 percent higher rate of cardiovascular incidents such as strokes and heart attacks. And sleeping less than five hours doubled the risk of high blood pressure was found out on the study done by Columbia University.
A good night’s sleep means waking up relaxed and energized, ready to tackle a day’s work and activities. An adult needs an average of six to seven hours of good sleep and a sufficient sleeping habit can be achieved in a comfortable environment. A cozy bed to lay down a tired body like FoamByMail.com mattresses, a quiet and peaceful surroundings far from any distractions like noise from the outside or from electronics like television or gadgets (cellphones and computer). Avoid drinks with caffeine hours before hitting the sack and free the mind from any worries. Taking good care of our body by having enough sleep could make a big difference in our life.